To ensure that the Ship Security Plan is always up to date and correct, a Ship Security Assessment must be carried out at regular intervals. This assessment is initiated by the Company Security Officer and must include the following items:
- Identify existing security measures, procedures and operations.
- Identify and evaluate key shipboard operations that are important to protect.
- Identify possible threats to key shipboard operations and assess the likelihood of their occurrence.
- Prioritise the possible threats and establish appropriate security measures.
- Identify weaknesses, including human factors in the infrastructure, policies and procedures.