Ship’s personnel already have designated positions and duties in the event of shipboard emergencies, such as fire, abandon ship or pollution. The Ship Security Plan provides for equivalent security duties as well. Examples of these duties are:
- Inspection, control and monitoring of restricted areas;
- Inspection, control and monitoring of Key Shipboard Operations;
- Inspection, control and monitoring of visitors onboard;
- Detection and identification of weapons, and other dangerous substances and devices onboard;
- Operation, of security equipment;
- Physical search methods of persons, baggage, cargo, and ship’s stores;
- When signing on, you will be informed about your Security Duties.